Monday

Renovations in my lunchtime












A little project that I have just completed brought me back to my old painting days in Ireland; when painting faux finishes and murals were de rigeur. This old school desk arrived at our house a few weeks ago thanks to a lovely Playgroup friend. Taking inspiration from Danish design I chose to freshen it up with an off white and soft French grey. I found two cute chairs from Ikea and painted them up to match. My client, all 3 feet of him, told me he thought it was ''prithy'' and has etched his mark on the table already with a little crayon doodling. Nothing like getting the all clear from your harshest critic!

1 comment:

tamara said...

Great minds think alike! I have one of these exact desks which I have had since I was at school.I had loaned it to a friend a few years ago and last week decided I must have it in my life again! 6 days ago I picked it up and it is now on the list to be revamped one 'project saturday' soon! p.s mine is the teenage version so I won't have to squeeze onto a little chair! Tx

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails