Monday

Not so supercool

So it happened. I was in the bathroom when I noticed an odd smell. Charlie was in his cot and Jack was playing ha-tish-ooo collapses on the bed.
First thought, "Ok I know where the boys are in case of emergency, what the HELL is that odour, something is burning I know it..."
Did I leave the oven on? Or was it the stove? As I ran through each room, sniffing the air, the smell became suspiciously stronger as I passed through the living room. Phew, no flames in the kitchen. But oh yes, a pungent plastic stench was definitely coming from... AHA the heater.
Quick as a flash I turned everything off and peered through the radiator coils to find a very sorry baby comb melted at its base. While breathing a welcome sigh of relief, a little head appeared from the bedroom with an ever so guilty grin.
Trying to explain to a two year old that it is dangerous and naughty to put a plastic comb down through a radiator vent is like giving directions to an Inuit in Mandarin. So in the end, the two most used words in my vocabulary, ''No and Danger'' once again waved at Jack and we set off to carefully extract the poor old comb from its sorry state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails