Thursday

Becoming a local

Today it was supposed to be wet and 14 degrees. I think someone in the Met office was having a bad day as we had nothing but sunshine and warm skin, lovely! I am madly in love with our little garden, where Jasmine and Lavender take pride of place and this lovely creeper I photographed tumbles over the wall from next door. Inspired by all this nature, the boys and I set off to the Botanical Gardens, and after lunch on the grass beside the giant floral clock, we purchased another load of tomato plants for the vegie patch. It's all about the tomatoes at the moment, when to plant them, what varieties are good, hmmm how's the soil looking...all sorts of things that I am pretending to understand, but really haven't a clue. All I know is that I love the smell of the leaves, it reminds me of the greenhouses we ran through with our cousins many moons ago in Ireland.
My question for the day is though...after you move to a new town, when are you referred to as a local? After only one week, I was very proudly able to provide my lovely new chum with some local information that she (my oracle) required . Now that surely scores me major brownie points, don't you think? Tomorrow, I think I'll apply for mayor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails