Tuesday

Hi Ho...
















It was always going to be a challenging trip. Going back to Sydney for the first time since our big departure...how would I feel about being back? Well, kinda ok actually. Yes I miss my friends, the hustle and bustle, the proximity to EVERYTHING, the warmth, the beauty, the cooking smells in the air of an evening, but I didn't pang for life back there quite as strongly as I had first imagined.
So that's a bit of a relief! It made me think how really, having everything and anything on your doorstep is not really all that healthy. Looking for a pair of cowboy boots for winter, the only ones I could find were a stupid price, not one that I could justify today or tomorrow, even with a Lotto win.
The boys enjoyed seeing their little pals, but was it more me who felt guilty that I was taking them away from their first friends, than them actually worrying about it in the SLIGHTEST! Of course not, they'll have their pals here shortly and will enjoy the added benefit of having all these people dotted interstate and overseas to hang out with in later years. I'm actually doing them a favour!
I'll ponder more on my trip in later posts, but in the meantime I'll try and recover from my monster cold and share with you this crazy front garden we passed in Summer Hill. Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's home it's home we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails