Sunday

..and the kitchen sink


The oh so enticing job of packing up our belongings is now looming over us like a thunderous cloud. I have managed to fill five boxes without taking a breath, with our endless collection of cookbooks and magazines looking like they will take up a whole container of their own. And then there is Vinnie's vinyl...

So I took the foolish step of packing a box or two the other morning while the boys were up and about. Big mistake. We have a fairly established collection of trucks and toys that should keep any child amused for hours. But it was the act that I was undertaking that seemed so much more interesting. And then there was the packing tape that could be picked off the boxes...oh and did I mention the big black marker that Jack got his hands on? He was very helpful 'labelling' the boxes for me, narrowly missing the carpet before I 'borrowed' it from him and placed it far out of reach.

I now have to face the job of dealing with the three, yes three, old basins kept from an old renovation job, that in my infinite wisdom, thought would be a fabulous addition to our fantasy home. Six years later and no such home to speak of, these sinks are still sitting in the back yard. Ok, if there was one, I wouldn't really be writing about it, but THREE? What was I thinking?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails