Wednesday

Playground Pests

I can now officially add 'Scatterbrain' to my lists of personal traits. When you go to the playground with your two children mid morning and completely forget to bring food for either of them, you wonder if you are losing your mind or just not getting enough sleep.
To help make amends I decided a stick fort in the sand would cause a distraction and make up for my forgetfulness. So with the help of Charlie the Chewer, we set about collecting sticks and setting the boundary fence in place. Just as I had completed the rather impressive circular foundation, a pint sized pest came straight over to view our creation, bent down, stuck out his hand, and with one fell swoop, demolished our hard work. It wasn't the actual act that shocked me,( although I was totally disgusted) but the hideous expression on this kids face that left me speechless. He was actually quite pleased with himself and gave me a look as to say, "Hah you stupid grown up, look what I can do to ruin your day." Thankfully I got my voice back and proceeded to tell him what a rude thing he did and how close he was to getting sand in my little treasure's eyes. Urghhhh... And do you THINK there was a parent around to reprimand him? Of course not...
Ok, vent over, I feel better now, thank you.

1 comment:

Nuella said...

I am horrified with the story of the "playground pest". I am so glad Jack and Charlie are protected for the moment from little horrors such as you describe. Well done for giving him a bit of your mind. Glad he is not my grandchild.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails