Wednesday

It's the little things...

I don't advocate myself as any kind of tea expert but I seem to have started a bit of a fan club with this particular Twinings blend. Before I became pregnant I never considered a cup of tea as a pleasurable experience. In fact I can remember being offered my first taste by my aunt. I think I had a broken arm at the time and was convalescing in their house one weekend. My older sister and I used to love going to our older cousins and get to run through the fields and play in the tomato greenhouses nearby. Anyway, although I was in quiet adoration of my surroundings and this particular moment of attention, I just didn't get what all the fuss was about and totally pretended to like it.
It has taken me nearly thirty years and a lot of raging hormones later to give it another try. And now I relish a good cuppa and a bickie, or even better still, a slice of homemade lemon drizzle cake! As a mother, when you have a few moments to sit still, it's the little things that help you along your day.

2 comments:

Vaness said...

Well, I wonder would I be allowed bring over Barry's tea at Christmas. Forget your Twinings and your English Breakfast tea.

Heaven is Barry's a bit of cake and a suppa taay. ahhh.

Nuella said...

Small girl having a grown up cup of tea, that was a big treat. I remember the green stick fracture, but not the cup of tea. Bless.

I love the sound of the lemon drizzle, you must give me your recipe.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails