Tuesday

Retail therapy?

So it's true what they say. Retail therapy works. OK the actual ACT of shopping, you can have, or maybe is it that I had the two littlies in a bulky stroller drowning any semblance of pleasure? I have to admit, I haven't bought myself anything new for quite a while, as I've been rather spoilt by my elder sister who regularly sends me H&M treats from London. Oh to have a personal shopper...Oh to have H&M here...
So enough was enough, I decided it was time to brave the shops and grab myself some fresh items for Spring. Maybe it's because I am so out of practice, and listen to too much soft dub, but going into stores that are hitting decibels I haven't heard in a while made me whince. Ighh techno before midday, please, too loud!! Oh dear, I swore I would never think those thoughts, and look, it's happened.

Anyway, I braved the changing room and ignored the horrible lighting that did very unkind things to my post baby body. Thankfully I chose well and everything fit, so was able to pay with lightning speed and get home before the boys lost their marbles. It was this morning, when I put my fresh new clothes on that I felt the benefit of my retail experience. I feel modern again, rather than super dowdy, out of fashion and tired. Nice.

1 comment:

Nuella said...

What a lovely illustration, good enough to eat.!!!!

Retail therapy and loud music in the stores, can you imagine how bad that is for little people who's ears are developing. NOT GOOD.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails