Thursday

PenPals


On a recent trip to a lovely Sydney store, I bumped into the fabulous MM. When I mentioned our Tasmanian plans she, as usual, was hot to trot with places to go, people to meet. That night, as promised, I received an email address of a fabulous femme she thought I should know. Within minutes of me writing a hello, the warmest reply arrived from said femme. Since then, I have been overwhelmed by her generous spirit, advice and general Do's and Dont's Guide to Hobart. Our regular correspondance reminds me of old penpal days and how funny the concept is to strike up a friendhsip with somene you never met (or know what they look like). This can of course be remedied by emailing photos and picking up the phone. But it is the very nature of the initial correspondance that provides us with curiosity and pure enjoyment. So to my new Hobart penpal, and to the other lovely ladies who I have met and been graced with their generosity, thank you for your warm welcome. Let's do lunch...

1 comment:

Nuella said...

Firstly your VBF MM is my kinda Gal. Say you will do something and DO it.

Then your new penpal / to be good friend in Tas. just sounds to be what anybody might need in a big move like your are embarking on.

Lets hope there are many new friends like her there.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails