Wednesday

Only Smarties have the answer...



I was getting to the stage last week where I really wondered whether Jack would ever be interested in the potty. Almost 3, he showed instant disdain any time I nodded to or even breathed close to the loo. Should I go cold turkey and scar him with toilet trauma or just hang in there and deal with yet another major test of patience? Well miraculously, last Friday night, the potty fairy came to visit and whisked those two notions away. After bathtime I  noticed a wee was imminent and so offered the potty, very casually and never thinking he'd have the slightest interest. To my complete surprise he agreed and after a little coaxing and much enthusiasm the gates opened and the potty was filled. Well no house has ever seen so squealing and hugging. Even our 17 month old got in on the action and applauded his brother. I am proud to say that today, Day 5, we had a totally dry day and none of the 17 changes of clothes I packed for him in his daycare bag were required! Proud as punch I was, as all you Mums can imagine!
So I must give thanks to my partner in crime, the Smartie for being such a wonderful teeny chocolate treat and playing such a major role in bribing encouraging one almost 3 year old in becoming a very grown up boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails