Tuesday

Who wouldn't love to have the time to sit leisurely beside the fire, seeping a fine Pinot and transcribe all those recipes scrawled on the back of receipts to custom cards in a box like this? That would be the perfect woman, with the perfect meal repertoire, with the perfect table setting and the perfect life.





Well peughh to that. Instead, at dinnertime tonight, I had one boy pulling my jeans leg so that my pants were dangerously close to showcasing my derriere, the other one, fashioning  an 'empty' flour bag on his head, three bubbling pots on the stove, whinges, moans, I NEED TO TASTE IT....MUMMMMMYYYY.... NOOO I WANT PLAIN PASTA....MUMMMMEEEE...WHAT IS THAT? And then a sudden silence, where I turn around and find my 18 month old sculling the dregs of last nights beer bottle, stolen from the recycling bin.
Just another day in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails