Thursday

Calamity Jen?

If the real Miss Calamity had any sidekicks, I am sure their names were Jack and Charlie. At least they should have been if today was anything to go by.
Bringing toddlers to the supermarket should be banned. I still cannot believe it took me two and half hours to get the groceries today, even with an actual shopping list already prepared! I should have known that it would have been an uphill battle as soon as I got out of the car. Jack was not interested in doing anything else other than sitting in the cart seat, the spot earmarked for his sneezing younger brother. Poor mite was left to sit in the main cage, giving me a look of utter disbelief.
We managed to make it to the meat counter before realizing that Stinky, Charlie's much adored and very smelly comfort horse was missing. Why did I bring it to the supermarket you ask? Well, look, desperate times lead to desperate measures ok?
Ten whole minutes later, and with half the supermarket staff, led by Jack, on a mission to find the precious stray, we found him, plonked on top of the sausage counter, waiting for collection.
That not being enough anxiety for one day, we then managed to lose Jack, (who had since decided it was much more fun to get closer to the action and get out of the trolley to touch every piece of fruit) not once but twice with the final straw being the loss of our ever faithful teeny Thomas in the freezer section...or was it with the yoghurts?
Needless to say, I managed to add about 25 more grey hairs to my head and can't get the image of that poor lost train sitting all alone out of my head. If we ring tomorrow and they say they found him, I think I'll buy some champage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails