Wednesday

When the chips are down...

There is nothing like your Mum and your ''besty'' to get you out of the doldrums. Waking up on the very wrong side of the bed this morning led me to pick up the phone to my mother, who although exhausted from her own pursuits and in the wrong time zone, still managed to listen and be the shoulder I needed. Follow that with a Skype catch up to my best friend in New York and I purged myself of any inner angst and got myself back on track. (well almost)
The day then took a gentle slope upwards and I actually had a whole hour alone while the boys nestled into their new "Teddy Bear School" with no major drama's. What did I do? The groceries of course!
When I checked my email there was a note from Mum with a link to this little video. There was a time when this kind of thing wouldn't have meant a lot, but today it made me cry and realise that time is precious, so I've decided to share it with all you Mum's, especially ones with boys. And in the words of my dear friend remember to 'Be kind to yourself and show yourself some love'.

1 comment:

kljkjljlji said...

Ohhh Jen, I'm crying. I want to go and crawl into bed and give my two boys a cuddle... Mel x

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails