Friday

Love is in the Air?

Going back to work is a little like re-entering the dating game. It's all cat and mouse, playing all superficial, super-cool, when really, all you want to do is skip the niceties and get down to 'business'. There are the fond memories and those you just choose to forget, when you don't get the call or worst of all, get stood up. A little like me, this week, when I was to meet a prospective employer. I was on time (unusual), dressed like an adult, with Melissa shoes for good luck and hire me speech all rehearsed, all to be deflated with a no show. Yes a NO SHOW!! At a cafe to boot, where I had to sit with no phone or reading material to pretend I was just relaxing and having some me time. To make it worse, I didn't even get a call. A measly text would have sufficed. Can you imagine! It took three hours for an apology to come through. Three hours too late I say. 'I'm so sorry, it just plain slipped my mind', just doesn't cut it. Who would want to work for someone so disorganized anyway?
So in this weekend of lurv, to the dating game, I say NO thanks. (lucky I am happily married!) To getting back to work, well, best to just hop back up on that ole saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails