Sunday

To Market, To Market




With markets being de rigeur, here is a little sample of what Hobart has to offer. This morning was dedicated to food, and we headed to the Tasmanian Farm Gate, which showcases Tassie artisan products. If cheese, oysters or goat products are for you, then this is your kinda place. 
This afternoon, I dragged the littlies to 'the market', where the best in local independant design is displayed for our tasty pallets to savour. Hmm,maybe I have been to too many of these things, or coming from a big city I expect a really high level, but I was disappointed at both counts. Some cute things were there, the little monster teddies and handmade cards, but haven't I seen them somewhere before? And to have a Farmers market in a car park with no sense of rural goodness, well, to me, was all just a bit lacking. A few bails of hay would have even made a difference! Hey and not an egg for sale! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails