Tuesday

My Favourite Mug

I am rather particular about what I drink my tea out of and am always keen to try out new mugs. I don't like fussy decoration, preferring nice graphics and well rounded edges. My sister personally delivered this precious one when she visited at Christmas. I think we've had it in our family home for over 20 years, and finally I have it now in mine. Handpainted in Ireland, these mugs were very popular among our age group, as they not only had a very pretty picture on it, but also had your very own name on the opposite side. For a 10 year old, well that was just so grown up. To have your very own adult mug AND your name on it so no-one else could use it, was well... you know, very meaningful. My older sister had a red one, I can't remember what picture she had, probably because I was so in love with the ballerina on mine! So thanks Dad, for remembering, and sending it over to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails