Thursday

Girls Night Out

I actually made it out this week, and it was a near no show due to Vinnie's work commitments. However, I made it and before you all think I went out on the town, I didn't. I did something much nicer and super relaxing. A new found friend has introduced me to the loveliest bunch of women, who meet every fortnight, to chat, drink wine, eat, share a book or watch a movie. All with young children it's a really welcome respite in our sometimes exhausting parenting lives.
This week we were treated to yummy beetroot soup and the nicest apple pie I have ever tasted. Something to do with adding sour cream to the pastry apparently? Yum Yum. The host's suggested theme for the evening was to bring along any darning or mending that sits idly in the corner, waiting patiently to be attended to. Now when would you ever feel like approaching this task, so what a perfect way to tick it off your list, with friends, and a healthy glass of wine? Along with this, some girls brought crochet hooks and some wool and when someone asked if they could learn a little, I thought, hmmm can I too?
And so began my new granny hobby. I am proudly showing off the results of my first foray into the world of hooks and circles, and I have to admit I am rather proud. What am I making? Well I am hoping to create a rather stylish winter beanie for myself, but it is my first attempt so be kind... I'll show you the result in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails