Saturday

Sisterly Love

I have just enjoyed a very supercool fortnight with my older sister and her fiance. Our youngest sibling is also in Australia, and we had hoped to get all three sisters together, but she, who is turning heads in the polo world up in New South Wales, was sadly unable to make it down. How and ever, I still revelled in the novelty of having two family members in the same time zone, at the same time!
Just before they left, I took my sister and her supercool boyfriend to Bruny Island, where we spent the day giggling and joking around like school girls. We dropped the boys at daycare and made it to the ferry terminal, scraping onto the boat as paddy last. The relief of making it then turned to nervous giggles, and that set us off for the day. There we were, without a care in the world, back being 8 and 10 again...
On reflection, our time together made my head swim with so many different emotions. How happy I was to have quality time with not only my sister but, my very best friend. Mix that with the heart wrenching sadness that comes with living so far away, and all I was left with was a fog of pent up emotions. Exhausting.
Now they are gone, I have decided not to fall into my usual depressive melancholy, but focus on our many happy memories, a very tidy house (after a gentle reawakening of my role as housekeeper!) the most exquisite photos, and be thankful that our two little boys  now know their auntie and (soon to be) uncle, a lot more. Next job is to win the lotto so I can get our wee family up to Europe ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails