Friday

Ghost of Christmas Past

































I am undergoing the task of updating my CV. Selling myself on paper is not one of my favourite pastimes. However, I decided it would be clever to include some images of projects I have been involved with over the years, to allow future employers (hello out there....) a clearer understanding of what I do.
Anyway, as I trawled the archives I came across this souvenir. Back in my days in Ireland, I worked on a TV show called 'Beyond the Hall Door'. It was a weekly roundup of the latest looks, trends, designers, much like the zillion shows that are on the Lifestyle Channel today. As researcher and stylist I was in charge of the Hot Props section, mmm catchy title, but hey it was the '90's.
When a designer dropped out at the last minute, I was called in to fill her spot, and handed the gig of making a cheapo flat pack kitchen look 'fabulous'. Talk about swimming in merky water. I blagged my way through the entire experience and even had my Mum sewing buttons on my little blind the night before. By the end of the shoot I was beyond tired, but when I saw the other two designers efforts, I have to say I was pretty chuffed with my little citrus makeover. The interview was a complete blur, and still to this day I haven't seen it. Thank goodness You Tube didn't exist back then...
The only thing that bugs me still though, is that the tablecloth is hung backwards on the table.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails