Wednesday

A new tradition

I was beginning to wonder why there were no live trees for sale around Hobart. Is it still too early, am I just too keen to decorate? After some detective work I finally solved the big mystery and took the boys on a Christmas tree quest yesterday afternoon.
Just metres from the beach and for a tidy sum of $5, you can choose your very own Pine and cut it down yourself. All this and close to the airport where you can squeal and point and squeal some more at all the incoming and outgoing traffic. Yes, so, the planes were far more exciting than the actual tree cutting, but I  kept the enthusiastic flag flying and just loved the whole notion of this as a new family tradition. I'm sure the kids thought I was a nut, especially when I told them how much fun it would be to sit in their car seats with the tree poking them in their ears. They survived the journey, of course, although the tree did lose quite a few needles thanks to some nimble fingers. It's now sitting pretty and the boys have been very well behaved, not pulling it down yet, or ridding it of it's decorations. That will come, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails