Monday

A Good Night's Sleep?

I now can't remember when the last time was that we had a full night's sleep. Nor can I remember when there was only two of us in our bed. Let me share with you the typical night time routine of late.
7pm Go to bed
7.15pm Demand for milk, and Mummy, and Daddy
7.30pm Chatting..Mummy, Mummy, Mummmmmy!!!! (Mummy ignores)
8.30pm Finally, silence
8.32pm Coughing, crying, sneezing, cuddle with fingers tightly crossed for more of that silence
Anytime between now and 11pm, a possible whimper, cough, another cough, possible re-cuddle and prayers for sleep and for other sleeper to not be woken. ( prayer often left unanswered)
Once in bed and sometime in the midst of a ridiculous dream, I am rudely interrupted by THE cry and so, in one of them comes, needing some extra security and safety in numbers. All very well for them, but excuse me, who gave me the short straw and allowed such a small person take up SO much space?
I am seriously pleading with the Man above to heal the lurgy that has enveloped our house and get these little people well again, so they can sleep soundly in their own beds for the WHOLE night. Or do I have to be honest with myself and stop taking the easy option of plonking them in with us, knowing it's the quickest way to get them back to sleep. Yep, who am I kidding?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails