Sunday

Mama Mia






Whoever came up with the idea that Mothers Day should occur on different dates, depending on your geographical position, should be, well, just not allowed make big decisions. It's bad enough trying to remember what side your bread is buttered on, but to remember this important date, and the one for Dad's of course, twice, is just silly. Shouldn't it just be an internationally simultaneous celebration?
Once again I managed to get my timing all wrong and miss the posting deadline to get a little something created and sent from Australia to Ireland. So thankfully, my faithful technical sidekicks that I am leaning on quite heavily these days, came to my aid. Camera. Check. Editing wizard. Check. Email. Check. And away flew some photos with a special message to Mum, all in time for her morning email catch up. 
With Mother's Day necessities completed and husbands at work, my friend and I decided to wander down to the annual Greek Festival, just down the hill from us. With four kids in tow, we braved the unseasonably warm weather and hit a scented wall of BBQ'd octopus and kebabs. The Greeks are such a family orientated community and there was such a lovely sense of belonging all around. It made me a little homesick but I took some snaps to distract my nostalgia, the best of which you can see here. My most favourite are the little postcards made by the local Greek children who shared their favourite things about Greece. Click on the images to enlarge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails