Friday

I'd rather be...

Oh dear, here I am again, it's Friday and the week has gone..where?
Our boys have decided to test our very existence as parents, with our eldest deciding that 7pm is FAR too early a time slot for bed, and why on earth would you want to put me in my own bed, when I can sleep  with you Mummy in yours?
Even taking the day time sleeps away has made no difference, so with renewed patience, I took a new approach tonight. I decided that I would  (pretend to) go to bed at 7pm and it would be a special treat to come and cuddle with Mummy. This idea of course lasted minutes, when Daddy came home from work. With stern consternation I kept Master 'I wont sleep' in bed after Daddy went to debrief from his day. Although there was a lot of resistance I held him tight and said nothing until an idea came to me and I suggested a story. Not one from a book, but this time a special story from me. And so, the story of the special fairy dust was born, and after I sprinkled it up and down his body 3 times, some magic really happened. The jigging stopped, arms began to fall deeper into the bed and eyes became very heavy, until after only seconds, they finally closed and fell asleep. All this and only an hour of effort. Bliss after this week's 2-3 hour marathons. Hmmmm...
I wonder if the fairies sell their dust in bulk?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails