Wednesday

Getting back in the saddle?


It's been almost three years since I worked full time. Today I put myself to the test and went for an interview. I have been lucky enough to have never had a formal interview before, it always seemed to work out organically for me. This time, I guess, was no different, in that I didn't answer an ad in the paper per se, but to sit in front of a panel in a rather austere boardroom, certainly made me a little nervous and grateful for the glass of water waiting for me.
After three failed attempts at finding a babysitter, I wondered how I was going to manage to get their at all, but as fate had it, my faithful partner in crime came to my rescue at the eleventh hour and allowed me to arrive on time and with minimal perspiration. Actually that's a lie, I did walk a little too quickly, not realising I would have to climb a tonne of stairs to get to my destination. So when I did arrive, I was roasting, breathing a little too quickly, but pretending I was super composed, relaxed and cool all at the same time.
Anyway, how did I get on? Well pretty ok I think? I mean, I answered every question without sounding like a complete goon, was able to ask questions that were of genuine interest to me, make suggestions and not knock over, choke on or crack the glass of water that sat in front of me. Was being in there an hour a good sign? Hmm only time will tell, and if the job is to be mine, then I will share the good news with you on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails